It is important to compare programs in order to figure out which one is best for you and your family.
We created this mini Caribbean comparison; comparing the permanent residency programs between Antigua and Barbuda and the Cayman Islands.
Antigua & Barbuda:
- 1-3 month processing time
- Statistically safest island in the Caribbean
- Family can reside in Antigua & Barbuda and study in paradise
- The main applicant only has to spend 30 days per year in Antigua & Barbuda
- One of the fastest-growing economies in The Caribbean
- Can lead to naturalization (citizenship) if you live in Antigua & Barbuda full time for 7 years or more
- 1-3 month processing time
- An international financial centre
- Family can reside in the Cayman Islands and study in paradise
- The holder only needs to reside in the Cayman Islands for a minimum of 1 day per year
- The territory boasts one of the highest GDPs and standards of living in the world generally
- Can lead to naturalization (citizenship) if you live in the Cayman Islands full time for 5 years or more
Antigua permanent residency requires 6 months a year of residency although business travel can count towards it. In addition, Antigua has a flat tax option whereby you can pay approximately 40K USD per year and reduces your residency requirement to only 30 days per year (available to citizens or non-citizens who wish to have a ‘Permanent Residency’ status/certificate). As a residency option, the Cayman Islands can be more flexible on the residency (only one day a year), however, it is a lot more expensive because you have to buy a 2.5M USD home there.
As a second citizenship pathway, there is a lot more physical residency in the Cayman Islands that is required and it takes a lot longer than Antigua & Barbuda, so it is really a citizenship pathway for people who wish to be primarily based there. Whereas, Antigua & Barbuda citizenship by investment offers much more flexibility on the residency side (only one five-day visit required), as well as being a lot more cost-effective.
Antigua & Barbuda citizenship is said to be one of the best second citizenship pathways for cost, process and strength of passport. Note that new citizens are not automatically residents, so once you become a citizen, you can become a resident at any time, however initially you are a non-resident citizen. The reason people decide to become permanent residents (whether or not they’re citizens) is generally for tax or lifestyle.
Have you had time to reflect on your current lifestyle? Are you looking for a change? Our team can assist you with any detailed questions pertaining to permanent residency or citizenship in the Caribbean.
- Investors must be of good character
- Investors must not have been convicted of any criminal offences in any jurisdiction
- Investors must prove a minimum annual income of US $100,000 and pass diligence
ADDITIONAL SERVICES BY OUR TEAM
- Assistance with finding schools, property
- Introductions to banks, lawyers, accountants
- Access to monthly high-net-worth investor networking events
- Access to quarterly investor dinners
- Opportunities to integrate into Antigua’s business environment
How do I begin the process and get a bespoke quote for myself and my family?
If you’d like to speak to us, please either send us a webchat (click the icon bottom right of this page), email or book in for a video consultation easily in our partner calendar. We find video conferencing to be the most efficient use of your time to ascertain the best program for you and your family. We encourage you to take advantage of it since your first consultation is free of charge.