Our very best recommendation if you are interested in citizenship of Dominica is to base an application on a property purchase at Jungle Bay. Jungle Bay is an operating resort selling high quality one bedroom villas that form the resort accommodation. Given they’re almost sold out, it is a strong indication of the quality of the project.
The resort currently operates with 30 units and has has a proven record of operating profitably. While predictions or representations of future income cannot be made, Jungle Bay can project – based on the 10 year track record – where the last occupancy rate was 70% annually. This could indicate an annual return of investment to owners of up to US $12,000 (about 5% of the investment). Owners are entitled to one complimentary week use of their villa per year
All villas are owned by individual investors, and they get a 100% of the proceeds if and when they sell.
All of the villa suites consist of 400 square feet of building and 1,200 square feet of land. The purchase price of a villa suite is $255,000 US. This price includes all title transfer & recording taxes and closing costs.
The Jungle Bay Hotel opened phase 1 on June 2019 and is scheduled to complete the remaining villas by spring 2020. There are 120 villa suites in total and only 20 remaining.
Important to note for the Jungle Bay Real Estate Option
- Each villa suite is sold outright to an individual purchaser, ownership of which is conveyed via a duly recorded title/deed.
- The villas are sold with the agreement that they are to be used to accommodate Jungle Bay hotel guests. Owners are entitled to one complimentary week use of their villa per year (additional use will incur a discounted hotel rate).
- There is no out of pocket money for investors after purchase of the villa. The management, marketing and upkeep of the villa will be the responsibility of Jungle Bay. Proceeds for the maintenance will come from 40% of all rental income. The remaining rental income will be divided evenly between Jungle Bay (for management/marketing services) and the owners.
- All rental income will be divided evenly between villa owners to avoid possible conflict. The villas can be re-sold three years after the initial purchase and the investor is entitled to keep the proceeds of the sale and their Dominican citizenship & passport. After five years they can be resold to another CBI investor. Jungle Bay will offer a resale brokerage service for owners that wish to resell their villa.
- The original Jungle Bay opened for business in 2005 offering a unique combination of adventure and wellness experiences to its guests. It quickly became one of the most successful hotels in the Caribbean attracting large numbers of repeat clients from North America and Europe. The hotel became so successful that it was too small to accommodate its growing demand. Trip Advisor ranked Jungle Bay as the top hotel in Dominica and #2 (2014) and #3 (2015) in its list of the top 25 Caribbean Hotels. Jungle Bay has been featured in over 200 major international publications including the New York Times, National Geographic, UK Independent, etc.
- The new Jungle Bay is replacing the smaller Jungle Bay and it is a bit more upscale and larger than the original property. The hotel includes restaurants, yoga studios, swimming pools, hot tubs, a world-class spa as well as other features & attractions.