Extension of Antigua and Barbuda Digital Nomad Program is on the Horizon
Antigua and Barbuda has announced that the Digital Noman program is going to be extended until October 2025, giving more people travelling to Antigua the opportunity to remain here until 2027. The country is also considering offering an add-on to the 2-year nomad visa that could open a permanent residency pathway, or indeed citizenship. Offering more visa categories would mean better options for international visitors as they consider longer stays, residency and/or citizenship.
The Chief Immigration Officer, Katrina Yearwood, subtly mentioned this potential development during a recent interview with State Media on Saturday night. She shared this update as another group of individuals were getting ready to leave the island.
“There is a strong consideration for reviewing it. It has not been announced yet but that is a possibility for them to remain here. When we had the function, we got the sense that most of them are ready to call Antigua and Barbuda home whether they wish to remain here, or remain working remotely, or a few of them have set their eyes on higher heights,” she says.
The country is also reviewing the option of introducing a distinct stamp for individuals interested in working or establishing businesses. Additionally, Human Resources Director America (HRD) has recognised the nation’s program as the world’s leading program.
Benefits of Antigua and Barbuda’s Second Citizenship
Acquiring second citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda offers numerous benefits. Here are some key advantages of obtaining citizenship through Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment Program:
- Visa-Free Travel: Antigua and Barbuda passport holders enjoy visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to over 150 countries and territories, including the United Kingdom, European Union Schengen Area, Canada, and many other desirable travel destinations. This facilitates hassle-free international travel for business, leisure, and personal purposes. Note: from 2024, an eTA visa will be required for Caribbean, Canadian, European and most other international passports holders to enter the U.K. It’s a simple online application to be completed before travel, similar to the Canadian eTA and the U.S. ESTA visa.
- Citizenship for the Whole Family: The program extends to the main applicant, their spouse, dependent children, and even dependent parents or grandparents. This allows families to secure the benefits of Antiguan and Barbudan citizenship collectively.
- Economic Opportunities: Antigua and Barbuda’s thriving tourism industry and growing economy present various investment opportunities. As a citizen, you can explore business prospects, invest in real estate, or engage in entrepreneurial activities, capitalizing on the nation’s favourable business environment.
- Tax Advantages: Antigua and Barbuda offer attractive tax benefits to citizens. The country has no wealth, inheritance, or capital gains taxes. Additionally, it doesn’t impose worldwide income taxation for non-resident citizens, making it an appealing choice for individuals seeking tax optimization.
- Education and Healthcare: Antigua and Barbuda provide access to high-quality education and healthcare facilities. Citizens can take advantage of well-regarded schools, colleges, and universities while benefiting from comprehensive healthcare services.
- Political Stability: Antigua and Barbuda is known for its political stability and democratic governance. By acquiring citizenship, individuals gain the security and stability that comes with being part of a well-established nation.
- Lifestyle and Natural Beauty: The twin-island nation of Antigua and Barbuda boasts stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and a warm tropical climate. Citizenship provides an opportunity to enjoy the country’s natural beauty, vibrant culture, and relaxed Caribbean lifestyle.