YENSA WERTH, ASSISTANT EDITOR
With its growing multi-national population over the last decade, Antigua has swiftly, securely and successfully maintained being a world-class destination. The year-round tropical climate and attraction to a wonderful mix of international citizens truly make the country a comfortable place to integrate. The many restaurants to choose from, unique boutiques and beautiful scenes allow you to experience the local and international ‘vibe’ of this gem of an island.
The Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program has been flourishing for almost two years now with COVID-19 altering the world. As the twin nation has been following strict protocols, real estate properties have been coming to fruition, as are the opportunities for people abroad to broaden their horizons to gain second citizenship to secure their families future and live in paradise.
Citizens of Antigua & Barbuda can travel to 155 countries across the world without the need to obtain a visa. Following new visa waiver agreements in recent months with Russia, Kosovo, India, Bolivia, and the European Union countries, including the United Kingdom, the Antigua and Barbuda passport is now the strongest in the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS).
Among the jurisdictions included are 124 sovereign states, 13 British Overseas Territories, 10 overseas Departments and Collectivities of France, 6 Dutch territories, and 3 European countries. There is daily direct air access from North America, Europe, and other Caribbean islands. Being the hub of elite yachting, luxurious properties, and a wonderfully laid-back lifestyle opportunity, Antigua is a dream destination!
Why wouldn’t you choose Antigua & Barbuda?
There are three routes to citizenship in Antigua and processing time is between 4 and 6 months. The government donation starts at US $200,00 and goes up depending on the size of your family, the property investment starts at US $200,000 and the business investment starts at US $400,000.
Here are the requirements:
- Be of outstanding character
- Hold no criminal record
- Have good health
- Have a high personal net worth
- Reside with the family members who are included in the application in the country for a minimum of 5 days within a period of five years
View some more benefits:
- Fastest processing in the Caribbean
- Best value of all the Caribbean citizenship programs
- Visa-free travel to more than 150 countries
- No requirement to travel during application
- Dual and lifetime Citizenship
- No capital gain or estate taxes
- Confidentiality, include a spouse, unmarried siblings, children up to 29 years, parents over 55 years
- Stress-free lifestyle in one of the most comfortable climates in the world
- Inclusion of financially-dependent children under 30.
- Inclusion of financially-dependent parents or grandparents over 55.
- Inclusion of physically or mentally handicapped children living with, and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Inclusion of unmarried sibling of the main applicant or the spouse.
- Inclusion of a future spouse, future spouse of a qualified dependent child, or a future child of a qualified dependent.
Your next steps should be checking out the different programs and comparing them side by side to learn about the different features each location has to offer. The cost of each program will vary depending on the size of your family. Explore the power of global mobility for each passport and think about investing in property to start the new chapter of your life!
How do I begin the process and get a bespoke quote for myself and my family?
If you’d like to speak to us, please either send us a webchat (click the icon bottom right of this page), email or book in for a video consultation easily in our partner calendar. We find video conferencing to be the most efficient use of your time to ascertain the best program for you and your family. We encourage you to take advantage of it since your first consultation is free of charge.