Need to start thinking about renewing your Antigua & Barbuda Passport? Citizens International can help you renew your second passport about 4-6 months before your first one expires. In Antigua, the first passport is valid for 5 years and each one thereafter is valid for 10 years. Part of the renewal process is proving that you took your oath of allegiance when you visited Antigua for your 5-day visit (a one-time visit is required).
Here is an overview of the Antigua & Barbuda second passport renewal process:
- Be certain that you have a local agency that you are happy with in order to guide you smoothly through your process:
It is important that each adult citizen (18 years and above) must perform a swear of the oath of allegiance during their visit to the island. We make an appointment with a local notary public in advance and obtain the necessary documents for signature.For us to assist with this service, the principal applicant must sign a letter stating that they don’t owe any money to the Original Agent who processed the Citizenship and they are appointing (name of agent) from Citizens International as your new agent. There is also a second route where you can obtain a letter from the original agent stating that you are appointing (name of agent) from Citizens International as your new agent.
- Make an appointment in advance for your Oath of Allegiance:
Now it is time to locate your letter from the Government of Antigua and Barbuda which confirms your Citizenship Approval, It will be addressed to your local agent. If you are thinking of getting a new agent, you can provide a Power of Attorney to Citizens International as your new appointed representative agent, and then we can start assisting you with the Oath and Passport Renewal and assure you the process will be simple and smooth.
- Ensure you have a copy of all the required documents:
Copy of hotel confirmation and payment receipt of same
Copy of airline confirmation and payment receipt of same
Copy of Antigua and Barbuda Arrival Immigration stamp within the Antigua and Barbuda Passport
Copy of arrival boarding pass
Copy of passport bio page
- Here are the procedures that are undertaken at the time of taking the Oath:Once you confirm your visit with us, we will then request the Oath Certificate from the Government Office. You will then take the oath before a notary public, where you will sign and notarize the oath documents. A copy of the signed and notarized oath, as well as all the required documents, will be submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit as proof of your fulfilment of the minimum five (5) day’s stay requirement. *Please note that you must make the request at least 2 weeks before you arrive in Antigua.
- Here are the documents required to renew one’s Antiguan passport once expired:These supporting documents listed below must be submitted as well as the AB10 form, passport application form and required processing fees (USD $1,000 per adult and USD $500 per child).
- Certified copy of the sworn/affirmed Allegiance (If the original was not deposited to the Unit)
- Evidence that the investment has been held for the five (5) year period. (This is for investments in Real Estate and Business)
- Certified copies of Certificate of title and transfer documents
- Certified copy of Share Register (for investment in business option)
- Completed passport application forms and photos
- Certified copy of the Birth certificate
- Certified copy of Certificate of Registration
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Old Antigua and Barbuda passport (must be surrendered for cancellation)
If there is an issue relating to the name of the applicant it must be explained in an affidavit.
- Utility Bill for proof of address and any one (1) of the following:
- Household Register
- Lease/Tenancy agreement
- Documents of title
- Confirmation of 5 days stay in the form of any two (2) of the following:
- Entry and exit stamps in the Antigua and Barbuda passport
- Copy of hotel receipt
- Boarding pass
- Confirmation from property management. (If you own the residence)
We can help you with all the requirements listed above, our team is based on the island and is always here to guide you. The cost for renewal is USD $2,000 and up depending on the number of family members. New citizens usually come to see us within the first 18 months to see the island, open bank accounts, get drivers licenses, do their oath ceremony which we organize for you as well at our offices overlooking Falmouth Harbour.
How do I begin the process and get a bespoke quote for myself and my family?
If you’d like to speak to us, please either send us a webchat (click the icon bottom right of this page), email or book in for a video consultation easily in our partner calendar. We find video conferencing to be the most efficient use of your time to ascertain the best program for you and your family. We encourage you to take advantage of it since your first consultation is free of charge.