The Caribbean Citizenship by Investment Programs (CIPs) are popular among entrepreneurs, high-income earners, and retirees because of the various benefits the passports from the participating countries offer.
The second citizenship by investment programs offered by Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominica, Grenada, and St. Lucia come with a variety of benefits that are too good to pass up. These include:
- Visa-free travel to more than a hundred and thirty countries all over the world
- Lifetime dual citizenship
- Freedom from or lower capital gains, estate, inheritance, and wealth taxes should you decide to become a permanent resident after obtaining citizenship
- Assistance with wealth preservation
- Access to first-rate education, healthcare services, and a better lifestyle
These CIPs are also known for their fast processing times and straightforward requirements and are an essential component of a plan B and personal security strategy.
Caribbean CIP Required Documents
Obtaining a passport through a second citizenship program depends greatly on your financial readiness and the documents you submit and the timeliness in which you provide them.
If you are interested in applying for a Caribbean passport through CIP, below are the key requirements you need to prepare:
1. Police Certificate
Having a clean criminal record is crucial if you are applying for a second passport.
Antigua and Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominica, Grenada, and St. Lucia only accept applicants without any criminal records to apply for their citizenship by investment programs.
Authorities will check your background when you convey your intention of applying for a second passport. They will require you to submit a police certificate or police clearance certificate that shows you have no criminal record in your country of residence.
If you are currently living outside your country of nationality because of your work or business and have been staying there for more than six months, you also need to submit a police clearance certificate issued by authorities in your current home.
When submitting a police certificate, make sure it has been issued within six months at the time of your submission since it will not be accepted if it is already beyond this period.
You will also need to submit a certified copy of the proof of name change and your military records, if applicable.
2. Medical Report or Certificate
When applying for second citizenship, you also have to demonstrate that you are in good health.
This means undergoing a medical exam and submitting a certificate certifying that you are in good health and shape.
Your medical certificate should include the findings of a routine health exam and HIV test, which is required for all applicants aged 12 years and above.
All HIV test results should not be older than three months at the time of submission.
3. Financial Documents
Whether you are donating to the government, investing in a local business, or purchasing a residential or commercial property, you need to show that you have the funds to complete the transaction.
The first type of financial document you need to submit is bank statements covering the last 12 months from the date you submit your application.
Another key document you have to provide is at least one original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognized financial institution where you have an account, which should not be older than six months at the time of your application.
You also need to provide documents showing where you got the money to invest or donate to the program. These can include:
- Employment letter or certificate stating the start of your employment, your position, and last or latest salary earned
- Certified copy of your business license or permit or incorporation documents
- Pension statements (if you are retired)
Prepare both original documents and notarized copies of these financial documents since you may be asked to submit both.
4. Other Documents
A complete second passport by investment application pack also includes the following important documents:
- Certified copy of your current passport (valid for at least six months at the time of your application) clearly showing your name, passport number, issuing country, photo, citizenship or nationality, date and place of issue, and expiry date
- Birth certificate, full birth record, or any official birth document that states your date of birth, parents’ information, and other important details
- Certified copy of marriage certificate or original excerpt of marriage record if married
- Certified copy of current, unexpired national identity card for all applicants 16 years and above
- Original reference letter from an attorney, chartered accountant or CPA, and other professionals of similar standing not older than six months at the time of your application
- Evidence of your residential address, such as a certified copy of a recent utility bill or a bank statement showing your full name and home address
- Affidavit of financial support for dependents applying at the same time as you
- Certified copy of your university or college diploma or certificate of your highest education
- Six original photographs with the required dimensions (usually 35 x 45mm) taken within the last six months
Additionally, if you opt for the real estate purchase route to obtain your second passport, you also have to submit the completed purchase and sales agreement documents.
You may also be required to submit other documents not stated here.
To ensure you meet all requirements, you will do well to work with a citizenship consultant when you decide to apply for a second passport in the Caribbean.
A citizenship consultant will guide and assist you throughout your application. They will give you a list of requirements and help you complete them.
Your consultant will also act as your in-country representative throughout the process. They will submit your requirements and provide you with updates regarding the status of your purchase or donation and your application.
Our team of licensed agents and consultants is always ready to help you obtain a Caribbean second passport.
Please get in touch with us to find out how we can assist you.